Media Bias in Social Nets
October 22, 2015
- The research provides a standardized scale for measuring the bias of a media source using social network Twitter.
- Identifying News media channels which are biased due to many factors e.g censorship, monopoly, paid advertisement and journalism.
- Media bias is due to number of factors and ubiquitous. Only little research has been done to quantify tendentiousness of the news media sources.
- To visualize and quantify relative bias and an absolute bias, on text feeds of news sources, we developed and propose new models which are an amalgam of multiple data mining, text mining and sentiment analysis techniques.
- For more information, refer to M. Bilal Nasir